Saturday, January 30, 2010

everyday fun!

I am so grateful for my kids! Challenging times are a-plenty but I have been doing a lot of reading that has really strengthened my hope in this journey called motherhood. I have resolved to be the best that I can be; if I can do nothing but show them how loved and special they are each day, then I have succeeded! I have rediscovered the joy that comes in simple things...playing games, coloring, cooking, reading, listening, etc...and I know that these are the things the kids love the most. And may be they don't just love the "things" but the feelings that this quality time brings.

Teegan is really growing! He's such a happy boy, content just hangin' out and smiling that irresistible smile! He loves to stand and get around into everything...his favorite is the pots&pans cupboard!
making homemade pizza...the kids especially liked rolling out their own dough to make their OWN individual pizzas!
Jadan's class made marshmallow "snowflakes" this week! I loved the idea and the kids have been very busy creating their own masterpieces...who would've thought mini-marshmallows and toothpicks could be SO much fun?!
We made these (no-sew) aprons a couple of weeks ago...fun project!

2 comments:

Dustin and Cassidy said...

how fun! i love all the projects and things you do with your kids!

Family of Five said...

What an amazing mom!! Seriously...where's your book?!!